Who is DD+B?
We are an experienced, full-service construction and design firm serving the Greater Los Angeles area. Providing the expertise of a large general contractor with the personalized approach of a smaller firm, we forge lasting partnerships built on honesty, collaboration and results.
Our team has collectively delivered more than $1B in commercial, mixed-use and multifamily projects of all sizes across Southern California. This experience, combined with our extensive in-house resources, allow us to take on all types of commercial, mixed-use and residential projects –no matter the scale.
DD+B is currently seeking an experienced Superintendent with the ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of team members at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive, and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. We’re looking for a strong aptitude for critical thinking along with the capacity for creative problem-solving. The Superintendent will be responsible for providing coordination, planning, and supervision to assistant superintendents, contractors, and craft activities. Additionally, this role will be integral in developing and enhancing customer relationships by providing an exceptional level of service.
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementation to ensure all materials, equipment, and inspections support the project schedule
- Review and understand construction documents and contracts
- Coordinate plans and specifications with design engineers, resolving discrepancies
- Participate in the development and management of a project schedule
- Develop a site logistics plan
- Manage the utilization of DD+B tools and equipment
- Collaborate with project partner superintendents
- Coaching, supervisory, and development responsibilities
- Conduct on-site project orientations
- Conduct effective pre-construction planning sessions and project site meetings
- Supervise project partners, craft foremen, and crews
- Interview, hire, transfer, and if needed terminate craft team members
- Ensure proper task coding of work hours on timecards
- Manage and track work progress and craft productivity
- Manage craft team member training, ensuring they are current prior to starting task
- Conduct career development discussions with foremen and craft team members
- Provide high-level management of safety, quality, risk and compliance for the project and team members
- Recognize and mitigate unfavorable working conditions
- Seek opportunities to improve processes and procedures